MBB Wins Gold at GKC PRSA PRISM Awards
Strength. Durability. Quality. This is what makes Chinet® brand products the go-to entertaining choice for generations. But the brand was challenged to ensure that this was true for all generations—not just their loyal Gen X consumers. So how did a disposable tableware manufacturer find new ways to connect with a younger target audience? They turned to the MBB Consumer Engagement Team, who not only helped the Chinet® brand strengthen consumer engagement and lift sales but also brought home a Gold PRISM award for the 2022 Chinet® brand integrated communications campaign.
As the Chinet® brand digital agency of record, MBB was tasked with using the brand refresh to reach the younger Millennial and Gen Z demographic. And what we knew about younger consumers is that they gathered more frequently, more casually and more spontaneously. We emphasized those gatherings and celebrated the individuals who comprised them with the campaign “Here’s to Us.” The Consumer Engagement Team brought the campaign to life through the following tactics:
- Media Relations: The new brand campaign was pitched to establish the Chinet® brand’s position as an essential product for easy gathering.
- Influencer Relations: Micro and macro influencers that resonated with primary audiences and had established presences that could lend credibility to the brand were utilized. Influencer blog posts and social media content pushed out brand and product messaging to demonstrate how Chinet® brand products supported their gatherings, creating advocacy, engagement, and awareness.
- Paid and Organic Media: Ongoing monthly content calendars and community management strategies for Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest were developed to increase consumer engagement. Paid dollars amplified seasonal content from MyChinet.com, influencer content, native media campaign executions and retailer promotions. Advanced targeting of demographics, locations, interests and behaviors allowed MBB to reach the primary audiences with the right content on the right channel at the right time.
- Native Media Executions: Data and technology were leveraged to create and distribute contextually relevant content showcasing products in unique recipes or entertaining scenes, further engaging users once they were on the brand’s website with additional content that was relevant to the initial topic.
- Non-Traditional Tactics: The campaign was supported with advertising spend that included digital display banners, SEO and paid search, online video, and eCommerce executions.
In the end, we built sustained awareness and engagement while deepening brand affinity with consumers across the three Chinet® brand product lines. Notable results include:
- Over 700MM impressions, driven significantly by earned media placements.
- Over 2,000 earned media placements drove over 238M in potential reach and earned more than $2MM+ in publicity value.
- Website traffic to MyChinet.com increased 8% overall, with a 13% lift from the younger target audience of 18–44-year-olds.
- Secured 11 influencer partnerships across owned and earned channels with more than 500K organic impressions and an organic engagement rate of 8.38%.
- eCommerce efforts delivered upwards of an 800% ROAS.
- Organic social media content saw a 74% lift in click-through rate, and paid social media engagement rates measured well-above historic benchmarks.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get our insights and perspectives delivered to your inbox.