Office Assistant/ Receptionist
MBB is presently looking for an office assistant to handle a variety of tasks around the office. The successful candidate will primarily be the face and voice of the agency, which is why this role is so important to us. Our office assistant will be working directly with incoming calls from clients, vendors and employees, receiving guests to the office and answering general inquiries. There are additional responsibilities in office management including invoice entry and purchasing, and generally keeping the office stocked and running like a well-oiled machine. It’s really important that candidates are welcoming, organized, and can multitask like a ninja!
Responsibilities include, but of course aren’t limited to:
- Answering phones and directing calls professionally – of course with client service in mind.
- Receiving and welcoming our clients and guests, providing beverages and the occasional tour to help them get to know us better.
- Collecting, opening and distributing mail.
- Preparation of invoices and statements for payment as needed.
- Managing day-to-day opening and closing of office doors, lights, TVs, music, etc. from 8am to 5pm.
- Serve as primary contact for facility-related emergencies, by reporting to building management. This would also include reporting building communications to MBB staff.
- Maintain common areas/conference room reservation system.
- Purchasing and set-up of breakfast, lunch, snacks, etc. for client meetings and employee functions (we have a lot of those).
- Ordering flowers, gifts, etc. for clients, employees, potential clients, births, new jobs, illness, new business, etc.
- Ordering office supplies ranging from soda, water, general office materials and specialty materials for creative department.
- Submitting service orders for office repairs/assistance.
- Manage company Uber account.
- New hire desk set up (phone, computer, supplies).
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, or high school diploma along with 2-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Great communication with excellent written and verbal skills.
- Be comfortable working autonomously or in a team setting.
- And a sunny, pleasant, and curious demeanor.