Group Account Director
As Group Account Director, you will lead the account team in their daily work with a keen eye toward effective processes and communications across the agency on behalf of our clients. It is a critical role that has to be able to keep an eye forward on overall agency and client level strategy, but also insure effective partnerships inside the walls of the agency.
- Build a results-oriented culture focused on delivering well-executed, unexpected and rewarding work to clients
- Set goals, track performance and hold people accountable
- Drive focused activity against key business/client priorities
- Get results by anticipating the future and taking decisive action
- Commit time and resources to improve company, team or individual performance
- Maintain a presence in the business and advertising community
- Participate as needed in events
- Work with the account team to become an indispensable business partners to our clients
- Participate in creation of thought leadership materials (blogs, white papers, etc.)
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate value and added value to our clients. Maintain a culture of asking the next question.
- Oversee the team’s management of client budgets and oversee an active plan to expand existing relationships.
- Work with internal colleagues to insure adherence to agency process and overall client strategy.
- Regular contact with clients on the overall management of their business. This includes status meetings, conference calls, normal workflow. Provide hands-on assistance as needed.
- Demonstrate effective presentation skills both internally and with clients.
- Supervision and development of those reporting to you. Positive relationship. Honest, constructive feedback.
- Assist new business team as requested and network and contribute to developing new business leads.
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum four-year college degree
- Advertising agency experience – approximately 15+ years
- Demonstrate strong business sense
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strategic thinker – understand the brand and proactively develop sound marketing programs
- Ability to motivate and lead others
- Proficient in computer skills
- Experience in large-scale or enterprise site-building
- Ability to craft creative briefs and provide clear, persuasive briefings to Creative teams and
- Remain an active contributor throughout the creative development process
- Distinct understanding of strategic process and ability to drive innovation
- Responsible for overall agency profitability for book of accounts
- Ability to lead and grow multiple clients