This role is positioned on the earned media team and directly collaborates with the Consumer Engagement team (consisting of paid and owned disciplines). The earned media team is responsible for developing and executing client engagement and communication strategies that include public relations, social media and influencer relations plans, among other opportunities. Within the earned media manager role, this person will work on a wide variety of client accounts with a focus on consumer packaged goods and healthcare.
- Leader of the day-to-day of all assigned client projects
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the public relations industry and tactical proficiency in media relations, including creating and driving both traditional and social media outreach plans
- Develops meaningful relationships with media and proactively ideates pitches for various clients based on larger PR strategies
- Conduct influencer partnership programs and develop relationships with key contacts
- Manage social media calendars and oversee content development for clients that help achieve client-specific goals, employing channel-specific approaches to optimize organic and paid strategies
- Supports paid social media strategy, execution, optimization and reporting
- Assist in translation of campaign metrics, social media listening insights and media monitoring trends into an insightful narrative that can be easily implemented.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing client and team needs, providing strategic recommendations, solutions and opportunities
- Experience in planning and executing results-oriented communications programs
- Ability to take strategic plans and translate into actionable, tactical public relations recommendations
- Must have proven track record of earned media results and placements
- Media relationships within consumer and lifestyle verticals preferred
- Understanding and experience with social media channels and applications; social content writing and reporting experience preferred
- Self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities
- Excellent time and priority management skills
- Strong communication skills—both verbal and written
- Creative mindset identifying meaningful ways to engage consumers with a brand
- Familiarity with Cision, Meltwater, Shoutlet and/or other media relations and social media listening software; in addition to standard applications Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote
- Enjoyable, collaborative team member
2-3 years of experience in public relations and/or social media field; agency experience preferred
Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications or related fields
Please provide your resume and cover letter with salary requirements using the below job application form.