Director of Technology
The Directory of Technology is instrumental in delivering on the vision for our clients. In this role, you will lead the delivery of a robust, secure solution aligned to business requirements and client goals. You will design solutions for client web, software and application needs. As a strategic leader, you’ll actively lead and engage in collaborative sessions with client stakeholders and key agency team members across design, strategy, technology, and delivery to deliver best-in-class experiences.
- Analyze, evaluate and recommend technology infrastructure to meet business requirements and place clients on path for future success
- Define the technology solutions and capabilities according to business requirements and client business needs. Make technical decisions to meet functional, non-functional, and critical client requirements.
- Identify, recommend, and implement new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline technology delivery
- Maintain and troubleshoot complex web applications, services, and environments
- Design, implement, and monitor all operations and key performance metrics/operational efficiency for the technology team
- Recruit, manage, and continually educate team members. Act as a mentor and share best practices and experiences with other departments and team members.
- Keep track of new technologies or trends which may impact our company or our clients
- Operate at both a strategic and tactical level, getting hands-on whenever required
- Code review to ensure clean, operational code with minimal technical debt and backlogs
- Generates deliverables, including, but not limited to: capability assessments, conceptual architecture landscapes and data models, technical roadmaps, product selection fit, gap analysis, application and process flows
- Source control (e.g., Git, Svn)
- Scripting languages (e.g. Bash, PowerShell, Groovy, Python, Ruby)
- Public clouds (Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud)
- Content delivery networks (e.g. Akamai, CloudFront, Azure CDN)
- Server operating systems (e.g. RedHat Enterprise Linux, Ubuntu Linux, Microsoft Windows Server)
- Web and application servers (e.g. Apache, IIS, Tomcat, etc.)
- Web content management systems and digital experience platforms, including monolithic and headless platforms.
- DevOps tools
- Broad knowledge of various programming languages & framework (.net, etc.)
- 5+ years managing a cross-disciplined technology team
- 10+ years of experience in Software Engineering and Technology Operations
- Experience with DevOps methodologies, web development life cycle, source control systems, continuous integration and change management tools