Director of Project Management
As Director of Project Management, you’ll manage members of the PM team and oversee the delivery processes for agency projects, from conception to post-launch activities. You could serve as liaison for some individual projects but will most certainly be working with other senior members of the agency team to insure adherence to agency processes, timelines and profitability.
Your mission will be to ensure every assigned project is completed in scope, on time and on budget. You will work to understand agency resources, manage outside relationships and keep concurrent on outside available resources to the agency.
- Manage PM resources and the effective execution of each project for all assigned accounts.
- Insure training for yourself and all team members on agency software tools for management of projects and profitability.
- Work with agency management to report on project and resource performance with projection on future resource needs.
- Attend daily and/or weekly status meetings with leaders of functional units.
- Attend and monitor other departmental status meetings.
- Forecast anticipated projects and communicate ongoing developments to stakeholders; resource accordingly
- Oversee the management of project team members’ schedules
- Work with project team members to collect needed approvals, feedback, or change orders and see that they are routed to responsible personnel and executed according to scoped budget and timing expectations.
- Track project QVA and ensure burn reports are routed to stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Prepare and write statements of work, estimates, proposals, purchase orders, project roadmaps, and reports.
- Ensure and document that all project administration-related tasks (open job codes, forecast resources, open POs, signed SOWs, etc.) are in order before starting the project
- Proactively identify potential pitfalls in the lifecycle of a project in order to problem-solve and course correct.
- Initiate collaboration among project team members to anticipate, identify and proactively resolve issues
- Serve as the main point of contact on your accounts for all project-related items, both internal and external.
- Ensure project billing is reconciled accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Monitor new and emerging technologies and digital best practices and evaluate their relevance to your performance and our business.
- Continually protect the best interests of the agency and its clients, and be willing to assume other duties as assigned in pursuit of that goal.
- Maintain and encourage a proactive and positive attitude, always willing to partner with agency personnel to exploit opportunities and/or resolve problems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Detail minded, with strong organizational skills and aptitude of project management practices and techniques
- Familiarity with digital product strategy, design, and development.
- Experienced at managing the design and development of digital projects (web and mobile).
- Understanding of UX/UI, information architecture, business requirement documentation, search engine marketing and website analytics
- Experience working with a cross-functional team of Strategists, UX/UI designers, developers, product managers, and other disciplines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to prepare accurate and detailed documentation
- Self-motivated with exceptional time management skills
- Collaborative and steady disposition; strong interpersonal skills
- Effective troubleshooting, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- The ability to organize, prioritize, handle multiple tasks, manage deadlines, and be flexible and proactive
- Ability to understand each agency discipline and establish and maintain effective working relationships with all department leads
- Proficiency with project management software tools (Webvantage, etc.)
Education, Experience and Training
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in advertising, marketing, and/or public relations related fields a plus.
- 5+ years of project management experience in an ad agency, marketing firm or related departments
- PMP certification a plus